CONGRATULATIONS TO the five New Zealand architecture practices who have designed buildings that have been shortlisted for the 2010 World Architecture Festival. The shortlisted buildings' architects will now present their buildings at the World Architecture Festival, held in Barcelona in November. There, the winners in each category will be determined, along with the judgment as to what is the world's best building of 2010.
The New Zealand buildings that made the shortlist are:
- The Supreme Court of New Zealand, Wellington, by Warren and Mahoney, in the Civic and Community category
- Great Barrier Island House by Crosson Clarke Carnahan Architects, in the Houses category.
- Te Kaitaka – Lake Wanaka Retreat by Stevens Lawson Architects, also in the Houses category.
- AUT Lecture Theatres, Auckland, by RTA Studio, in the Learning category.
- Northland Event Centre, Whangarei, by Copeland Associates Architects, in the Sport category.
Architecture NZ is a media partner of the World Architecture Festival.